Wednesday, August 19, 2009

God is Good!

Hello Friends!

My name is Bari Watson Eason. I work for the General Commission on United Methodist Men (GCUMM) in Nashville, TN. This is a global ministry that seeks to help men grow in Christ, so others may know Christ. I am honored and humbled to have recently been hired as the Director of Marketing and Development for the GCUMM.

Although I don't know a lot about blogging, I'm excited to use this tool to communicate with you. There are so many GREAT things happening today in men's ministry for the United Methodist Church! I'm really blessed to be the story-teller, the communicator and the cheerleader for all the work being done to reach men's hearts and make them disciples of Jesus Christ.

Through this blog, I will write about my travels. I'll write about meeting with supporters and friends of the ministry. I'll talk about my personal experience and growth. I'll explain some really cool new concepts for men's ministry that will have a huge kingdom-impact on all people within the church.

Right now, though, I'd like to tell you a little about my journey to this place...

I grew up on a farm in small town Alabama. I have a wonderful family that I dearly love. I was raised attending my Papaw's small country church, where I gave my heart to Jesus at the tender age of seven. Life for me was never the same. God molded my life, transformed my heart and set me on a path to do His good work.

I attended The University of Alabama where I had the privilege to serve as Miss University of Alabama during my senior year. This title opened doors to many churches and youth groups where I got to tell others about God's goodness and mercy on my life.

I attended graduate school at Alabama and developed a skill set in Public Relations. My first job after graduation was at The University of West Alabama in Livingston, Alabama where I served as Director of Marketing and Development. I had three great years working at the university and building friendships with almost everyone in that small town.

In 2005, I made a move to Nashville, Tennessee. I accepted a position with Belmont University as the Director of Athletic Marketing and External Affairs. Again, God poured out the blessings on me. I found more friends than I could ever have imagined. Soon, Nashville became a second home to me.

During the past several years, a still small voice often stirred in my heart that someday, somehow I was destined to serve the Lord through ministry. What would that look like? I really didn't know. However, this past spring, through many circumstances, God led me to the GCUMM. I am honored to be in this newly formed role. I'm honored to be serving with a team of incredible people. Together, I pray we can increase the awareness of the power of ministry to and through men and youth. I also hope we can raise operational funds that will expand the ministry outreach and reduce our dependency on World Service Funds from the UMC. Ultimately, though, I hope we will see lives transformed through the healing power of Jesus Christ.

Blessings to you this week!

-Bari

No comments:

Post a Comment